Saturday, December 24, 2011

The PERFECT gift

Hello friends!
In the midst of all the craziness this time of year its hard not to realize how focused we are on gifts. Who doesn't love a gift? I love getting gifts just like anyone. Just the fact that someone has taken the time out of their busy life to think of me and want to give me something is so heart warming.
As I watched my children open their gifts today I loved seeing the excitement in their eyes, the anticipation in their little hands as they tore open those packages. Tonight as they put out the milk and cookies for Santa and the reindeer food it was so fun to see the anticipation of what gifts might be coming their way. I am savoring these moments of innocence that my kids have this time of year because I know these sweet moments won't last forever.
What's the greatest gift you've ever given anyone? Joey and I always have the same discussion each year about how awesome it would be to be able to give our friends and family whatever we wanted to give them as if money were no option. What a wonderful feeling that would be!
2corinthians 5:21 says that "Christ never sinned, but God treated him as a sinner so that He could make us acceptable to God." When I think about the BEST gift I've ever been given it is undeniably the fact that Jesus took my sin and I get His righteousness. WOW. That sure beats an iPad, or that new SUV I have been coveting. If you have never received this gift I want to give it to you. Not that it is actually mine TO give you, but it's what I want you to have. It's what I want everyone on this earth to have. Its what i want everyone that reads this post to have. It's not too late if you're reading this..
What is your gift to God? I saw a post on twitter yesterday from Rick Warren; " If I ignore Gods purpose for me on earth, my life isn't waisted, but it is pointless." I love that!! If you're like me I often wonder what my true gift is or what it is that I'm supposed to accomplish for God in this lifetime. I pray the He will reveal those gifts to all of us and that we wont waste them.


Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous blog post, Brette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian & I bought the boys teachers 25 pounds of beef cut into various types of steak, roasts, and ground beef. We buy from a meat market in Wagoner where they grain feed their cows, butcher them, and sell them so the meat is substantially better for a much lower price. Both teachers acted like I had handed them $1,000 and cried & it made me so happy to see them happy.

    I've so been struggling with this "pointless" feeling and you hit the nail on the head for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carlissa!
    Kasady that is awesome! What a wonderful
    Gift for the teachers. You have a huge heart for others and I admire that!

    ReplyDelete