Friday, December 2, 2011

Magical moments

Tonight my family and I took a drive to Rhema bible college to look at Christmas lights. The weather was beautiful for a December night; no wind, clear, and cool. We got out of the car and walked around the campus, through the flashing light tunnel, and back to the car. It was truly gorgeous. For a few short minutes we were able to enjoy the scenery and forget about our worries. I caught myself taking it all in; thanking God for simple moments like this and realizing how His mercy has shown on my family over the last few months. Just like the lights that were shining all around me, God is consistent. He is everywhere if you just look and open your eyes and use the five senses He gave us. I enjoyed hearing my kids laugh and sing along to the Christmas music that was playing. I watched them run up and down a small hill, back and forth on the flashing lights bridge. I felt the touch of their warm little hands as we walked along hand in hand. Our mouths watered as we smelled the funnel cakes cooking nearby. Yes, it was much like a scene from a movie for a few short minutes. Take time to savor moments like these. Take it all in. You never know if you'll be given another one in this lifetime.
BF

No comments:

Post a Comment